httpd-docs mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Auth: Start the httpd-2.1 branch finally?
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:21:11 GMT

I am so sick of this conversation.  2.0 isn't done yet.  It won't be done
until it is actually stable, and it isn't currently stable.

But, you have worn me down.  Create a new fscking tree, populate it and
begin working on it.  I will be finishing 2.0.

And yes, this is very harshly worded.  We have had this conversation
multiple times, and everytime, the same people want to branch, and the
same people want to stabilize the server.  If you can't deal with taking
the time to stabilize the server, then branch the tree.  But, do not even
think of saying that the MMN of 2.0 can't change just because you have
created a new tree.

Ryan