httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Michael.Schro...@telekurs.de
Subject Antwort: Re: suggestions for the documentation style
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:16:55 GMT

Hi Andy,

>> <note type="warning">...</note>
>> You should use a light red background-color for
>> warning notes.
>> That makes the warning clearer!
> yes and no. light colored backgrounds are not very visible, e.g. on
> laptop screens. and darker backgrounds are hard to read on normal
> screens...

how long are the sections in question?

If the warnings are about 1-3 lines at most, then I would ask
whether using a dark red background and a light (white) font
color would be an alternative. Given enough contrast, such a
reverse color assignment can be easy to read.

If the warnings tend to be longer, this would dominate the
page layout too much, so that then the red border would be
my favourite as well.

Regards, Michael