httpd-docs mailing list archives

From David Shane Holden <dpej...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: build.xml
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:49:06 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> David Shane Holden wrote:
>

>> I was tired of knowing that this file was FUBAR, so I simplified and
>> organized it as much as I could.
>

> I don't understand this.  You seem to have removed a bunch of necessary
> work-arounds in the build.xml file, including the ability to build each
> language separately and the separate building of the indexes.
>
> Joshua.

Each language still has its own target, but instead of redundant code,
they each call xslt with paramters specific to that language.  Think of
the xslt target as a function, and each language target passes it
parameters specific to that language (language, input file extension,
and output file extension).  It reduces the file by 1/3 and simplifies
the logic into a single target instead of being cut/pasted/tweaked for
each language.  As for the workarounds, they're all there unless I
accidently skipped one.

Shane