httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/xsl common.xsl directiveindex.xsl moduleindex.xsl quickreference.xsl sitemap.xsl synopsis.xsl
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:29:10 GMT
Great!  Thanks for taking care of this.  Some comments below.

nd@apache.org wrote:

>   required changes to include the obsolete stuff.
>   - new entries in en.xml
>   - sidebar for moduleindex
>   - new <hint> element for modulesynopsis

I don't see the point of that.  The same info is available in
<compatibility>, and I really want to try to minimize the number of
different tags.

>   - status attribute for <directive> and <module> in order to
>     create correct links (status="obsolete" inserts an 'obs_'
>     before the module file name in the href)

Why are we renaming the files at all?  It seems to me they can simply
remain mod_access, mod_auth, etc.  The information that they are
obsolete is contained in the <status>.  We should not duplicate that
information in the filename.

Joshua.