httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mod_authn_anon.html.en
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:51:35 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Hmm.  Then, how do you handle mappings of the directives?  If we
> keep the old docs, then we have duplicate directives.  I'd be
> especially concerned in the directives*.html files.

An obvious solution would be to mark the old modules as
<status>obsolete</status> and have the index generation code ignore them.

> I would prefer we do not handle backwards compatibility.
>
> (Much in the same way, we chose to abandon it in the code.)

I don't have strong opinions about it.

> AFAIK, for the most part, user configurations need not change.  The
> only required change is in the handling of the *Authoritative
> directives.  If the user relies on that, a simple reading of the
> documentation should suffice to resolve that.

OK.  But at least a mention of the module renaming needs to be added to
the upgrading docs.  If you don't get around to it, I'm sure someone
else will eventually.

> I could be wrong in that the change requires more user intervention,
> but my current understanding is that it doesn't.  It really needs
> feedback and review by others - I committed what I could because
> OtherBill was rambling about vetoing the code because I didn't update
> the docs.  -- justin

No problem here.  Just working on getting loose ends tied up.

Joshua.