httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: httpd-docs-2.0 - mod_proxy.xml 1.12
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2002 15:59:03 GMT
i.t wrote:

> there seems to be some misunderstanding;
> I've never had the intention to make blanket "this module sucks" statements; I
> even have no idea how this can be interpreted from my text (I'm not a native
> English speaker).
> Since you're active on so many lists and newsgroups, you may remember those
> questions related to squid and apache.
> well - the rest "Apache 2 does indeed provide a caching proxy, if you properly
> configure mod_cache" is, of course, true. And that was exactly my intention
> to clarify this issue. In other words: you need to configure mod_cache
> getting an Apache 2 caching proxy.
> This has nothing to do with "squid outperforms mod_proxy in many respect";
> should simply give a hint that squid is a dedicated cache.

I guess I still don't understand your point.  Your earlier comment
certainly read to me like "if you need to do anything serious, you
should use squid in place of mod_proxy" (which, in turn, comes pretty
close to "mod_proxy sucks").

I don't understand what you mean by "should simply give a hint that
squid is a dedicated cache".

Joshua.