httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Auth: Start the httpd-2.1 branch finally?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:08:08 GMT
--On Sunday, October 13, 2002 9:36 PM -0400 Joshua Slive
<joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> One more note: I'd like to see the rename of mod_access reversed.
> That just seems like a gratuitous change that hurts users and
> doesn't really help developers.

Could you please explain why breaking out the authorization (authz)
components in a similar fashion to authentication (authn) is a
gratuitous change?

I believe mod_authz_host is a much better name for mod_access.  It
indicates that this module is only dealing with authorization based
on the remote host components.  mod_access can mean lots of things,
but the fact that it was solely restricted to hostnames wasn't
obvious to me from the original module name.  -- justin