httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@develooper.com>
Subject Re: Auth: Start the httpd-2.1 branch finally?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:15:02 GMT
On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 rbb@apache.org wrote:

[...]
> In all of these cases, there was a developer or three, who created a CVS
> tree either in their home directories, or in the main CVS area.  They made
> the major changes that they wanted to see made, and then they announced
> the changes to the list, and invited people to help them make the projects
> better.

How about just making a branch for each new project.  Auth can get a
"auth_reorg_2002" branch.  The async project goes in the
"async_write_2002" branch, etc etc.

When the projects are ready (including documentation) they can be
merged back into main and the appropiate branches for maintenence
releases and development.

I haven't worked on any organized $workplaces where that's not the
standard procedure.  I even do it on stuff I work on by myself or
with just a few other people.  Yes, it works fine with CVS too.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();