httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Auth: Start the httpd-2.1 branch finally?
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:47:48 GMT
rbb@apache.org wrote:

> In all of these cases, there was a developer or three, who created a CVS
> tree either in their home directories, or in the main CVS area.  They made
> the major changes that they wanted to see made, and then they announced
> the changes to the list, and invited people to help them make the projects
> better.

Except for the fact that in all the above cases, the branch being "deviated"
from was a solid, robust and reliable codebase. It was *time* to start
a new branch, knowing that the current codebase was, at a very deep
level, very robust and "baked".

Is 2.0?

*That* is my only concern regarding a 2.1 branch. It leaves 2.0 in
a not-quite-there state. It's the idea that 2.0 is "dropped" so work
can progress on 2.1.

PS: I don't see this as another Shambhala situation, by the way.