httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jaeho Shin <>
Subject Re: Problems with Korean custom error messages
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2002 06:30:02 GMT
On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 05:20:17PM +0200, Erik Abele ( wrote:
> Hi Jaeho,
> thanks for your contribution, but while I was on the way committing
> this, I encountered some problems with it.
> It seems that the generated HTTP output headers are missing the charset
> which is set in the type-map file ('Content-type: text/html;
> charset=EUC-KR'). Therefore the error-page isn't displayed with the
> desired charset in the browser.
> This of course only happens if no AddDefaultCharset is used in the conf;
> otherwise the  configured default charset will show up in the returned
> Content-Type header (e.g. 'Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1').

Oh, I've never noticed that the charset in the type-map wasn't working.
I guess I was focusing only on those generated HTML pages too much.

> Hmmm. perhaps we should take this over to the dev-list. Joshua, what do
> you think about this? Am I missing something here? Any ideas appreciated...
> BTW, saving one of Jaeho's patched files in a single ssi-enabled doc
> without the type-map stuff (for example named korean.shtml.euc-kr),
> results in a correctly displayed page with the correct charset-headers.

I think korean.shtml.euc-kr stuffs would make the error directory really
dirty. The Korean error pages aren't urgent at all, so it would be
better to wait for mod_negotiate to be fixed, and maintain the error
directory clean. :)

netj | Jaeho Shin | 신재호 ;
System Programmers' Association for Researching Computer Systems
Division of Computer Science, Department of EECS, KAIST

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message