httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Hiroaki KAWAI <h...@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Subject Re: modification - 2.0/manual/install.xml
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 08:16:54 GMT
There are already nothing left to mention for me... ;-)
Thank you, Thom & Erik.

But the draft of my reply mail was:
"Jan Faerber " <aon.964605784@aon.at> wrote:

> Dear Hirokai!
> Please answer a general question!
> Why do you start some of your lines with "-"- and some with a "+"-character?
> Is this a kind of value like "this is fine" and "this is not so good"?
> Yours sincerely
> Jan

It's a format of 'diff -u' output(or 'cvs diff -u').
'diff' is a common command in Unix, you might know.
The lines starting with '-' means that the lines are to be removed,
and those with '+' are to be added.

The content of the change can be applied to the file
with 'patch' command. Cut the lines below "Index:..."
in a file (for example install.patch), and then run following
patch command in the same directory that the install.xml is in.
$ patch < install.patch

More detailed and full information is described at
http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html

Hiroaki Kawai
Department of Complexity Science and Engineering,
 The University of Tokyo
http://www.bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
mailto:hawk@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp