httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jaeho Shin <n...@sparcs.kaist.ac.kr>
Subject Re: Korean custom error messages in Apache 2.0
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 02:14:35 GMT
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 08:49:49PM +0200, Jan Faerber  (aon.964605784@aon.at) wrote:

> [...]

Hi! Glad to see your feedback.

Well a few days ago, I've upgraded my Apache to 2.0.42, and found that
each translations in the custom error pages have started to use their
own charset and language codes. So I appended my Korean messages to them
in EUC-KR and added some charset and language code settings. Everything
looks fine now. Well, the error/*.var files will get uglier and uglier
as Japanese and Chinese or other languages get added to them, since
nobody will be able to see all the translations correctly in a single
charset/encoding. But anyhow, it's not bad for users. :)

I'll attach my new patch for 2.0.42.
Just do the patch from the parent directory of the error directory.

Thanks.

--
netj, Jaeho Shin ; http://netj.org/
System Programmers' Association for Researching Computer Systems