httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jaeho Shin <n...@sparcs.kaist.ac.kr>
Subject Re: Question to non-latin Translators
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:24:44 GMT
On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 05:58:19AM +0200, Andr? Malo (nd@perlig.de) wrote:
> Since I've nearly no knowledge about Japanase or Chinese languages:
>
> I'm currently working at a letter bar for the glossary. How will/would
> you translate this page? Does a letter bar make any sense there in your
> language? Should it be dropped? (this could easily be done by leaving a
> note in $lang.xml, for instance <messages lang="ja" dropletters="yes">
> or so)
> If it makes no sense at all: are there alternatives you'd like to see?
>
> How will the Russian translation handle the contents of the <dt>s?
>
> Feedback would be much appreciated.

I'm not actually doing any translation job now, but just FYI..

Korean have 14 consonants and every word starts with one of it.
So a Korean word bar would be similar to the English word bar.

BTW, is there any ongoing Korean translation job? Where can I get the
translation status information for each docs?

--
netj | Jaeho Shin | 신재호 ; http://netj.org/
System Programmers' Association for Researching Computer Systems