httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: quickreference.xsl does not work well with Japanese translation
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 01:44:02 GMT
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:
>
>> quickreference.xsl has following code to shorten 'server
>> config' etc to svdh.  But these phrases in Japanese version
>> are translated to Japanese so these tests always fail.  It
>> results in empty context column.
>
> Ooops.  Probably my fault.
>
> We can certainly add those translations to the xsl translation files
> and use that.  But... perhaps they would be better off left in
> English.
>
> What do other people think?

IMHO we should translate them once (in $lang.xml) and simply use
references in module files:

the abbreviations should left in "english" (svdh) as a canonical form.
This should be non-ambiguous. theoretically. ;-)

The migration is the other point... in the english versions a simple s&r
script will be adequate.

(
s!<context\s*>\s*server\s+config\s*</context\s*>!<context>s</context>!g;
etc.
)

The japanese versions... hmm. I don't trust perl to treat the charset
correctly, since I've never worked with such weird characters ;-)

Yoshiki? Hiroaki?

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa