httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Kessler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: mod_proxy.html.de
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:10:39 GMT
> translation of the attached file, mod_proxy.html.de, was done with the
> original mod_proxy.html.en from the cvs-repository, Sep 19th 2002.

thank you very much for the translation. But please, could you do the
translation on the xml file. I'm sure you'll find it much easier to work
with. And ... the xml files are the basis. The html file will be
generated from xml.

Could you also make the translation a little bit more fluent please.
Sentences like
"Verbesserungen und Fehlerbeseitigungen wurden in Apache v1.2.x und in
Apache v1.3.x gemacht, dann unterging das Modul einer General├╝berholung
f├╝r Apache v2.0"
are difficult to read.

> well - I've done a bit on my own.
> Example:
> - removed dead link to # Using Netscape hostname shortcuts
> - shortened due to the ProxyRemote directive the chapter about
> domains, subnet, ipaddr
> that should be general knowledge of a webmaster/system administrator,
> and is not useful for a quick overview, and there is additionally a
> link to DNS caveats.
> - added 1 or 2 sentences for ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse

Well, this should be done first at the original english file.
Translations shouldn't create an own documentation tree. Please, could
you send a patch (diff -u) for mod_proxy.xml?

> I'm missing a good example for a reverse proxy configuration with
> ProyRemote embedded in a virtual host and hidden by another forward
> proxy. Anyone here :- ?

Not from me, sorry.

Kess