httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject links to english originals
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2002 23:54:59 GMT
According to this thread:

<news:c5862fb7.0209221202.4782f2a9@posting.google.com>
(
  comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows
  Subject: Language problems reading the documentation
)

Should we add a link to the english original on translated documents?
I'd personally say: yes, makes sense. Not only because of negotiation
problems. The english version is also semantically the original document.
So a reader might want to read it, when he easily wants to compare it
with the translation. Translations are not always up to date etc.

This would probably require to add a hint on the filename to the
document, e.g.

<manualpage filename="upgrading">

Or is there a way to get it automagically from ant?

nd
--
my @japh = (sub{q~Just~},sub{q~Another~},sub{q~Perl~},sub{q~Hacker~});
my $japh = q[sub japh { }]; print join       #########################