httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/css manual-loose-100pc.css
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:53:11 GMT
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> Joshua's documentation strategy: throw in a quick hack and wait for
> someone else to clean up my mess.

;-)

> The new printer-friendly style seems to work great as well (at least
> in Mozilla).  I'll try to regenerate the pdf files using this style.
> The only question is how I'll get Acrobat to pick up the right
> stylesheet.

I have some problems with printing to PDF files directly when embedding
fonts. I guess it has to do with the unicode arrow, which I used for
links in the printer CSS... Am I alone with that problem?

However, for now I would suggest a quickhack ;-):

cp manual.css manual.css.bak && cp manual-print.css manual.css

for the future: I'd say we should take a look at XSL formatting objects
for creating PDF directly from XML data. What do you think about this
option?

Within 2-3 weeks I personally should have the time to learn more about
XSL-FO, do we have any experts here?

nd
--
$_=q?tvc!uif)%*|#Bopuifs!A`#~tvc!Xibu)%*|qsjou#Kvtu!A`#~tvc!KBQI!)*|~
tvc!ifmm)%*|#Qfsm!A`#~tvc!jt)%*|(Ibdlfs(~  # What the hell is JAPH? ;