httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/xsl pagetypes.xsl common.xsl
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:18:32 GMT
* Joshua Slive wrote:

>>   Modified:    docs/manual/style/xsl common.xsl
>>   Added:       docs/manual/style/xsl pagetypes.xsl

> Eh... -0 leaning towards -1 on this.
> - You haven't really improved dependency checking here, you've simply
> avoided it.  Technically, we should now add this new file to the list
> of dependencies, which will cause the transformation to happen anyway.
>  The only reason you avoided transformations with this change is
> because our dependency checking is rather casual.

hmm, probably I confused some things, e.g. cause & effect...

> - Every time you add a new level of includes you very likely push up
> memory requirements and processing time on every transformation.
>
> - Causing a transform of all the files every now and then isn't such a
> big deal.  It only takes a few minutes.

The main intention was not to produce unnecessary traffic and spreading
so many big emails. I'm connected to the web with small bandwidth (ISDN)
but bought some memory for better working recently ;-)

If there are no other words on this, I'm going to revert this change.
sorry for wasting bandwidth...

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://www.perlig.de  #