httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Ready to commit the new docs :-)
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 23:06:35 GMT
* Erik Abele wrote:

> I have just finished reviewing the new docs from Andre. All in all
> everything
> went fine, only a few minor changes were needed to get it all working
> correctly.
> I also merged in all the changes from the last days, which were
> missing in Andres
> docs.

there are a lot of things, I provided a 50 KB patch some days ago, so
that the resulting docs do validate against the xhtml strict DTD. I
probably should rebuild that against the current docs.

however, I hope you took the xml/xsl from
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/manual/build/ and
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/manual/style/

resp. one of the archives packages...?

> c) We now have some more images in manual/images:
> down.gif
> feather.gif
> left.gif
> right.gif
> up.gif
>
> These should be converted to PNG too (as all the others).

the feather.gif may cause a problem, because some browsers don't handle
the transparency in PNG correctly (e.g. opera)

Also I'm not sure about the right.gif. I placed it in the toc if the
link doesn't go down but to another document. (like in mpm_winnt or so)

> d) I had to make some minor changes to common.dtd to get the new docs
> validating correctly: for example I defined two new elements to
> support the newly used <cite>-, <dfn>-tags.

would be nice, if you could add a <var>, too ;-) If this is in, I may
step through the files and turn the bogus <em> to <var>...

> define the bg-color.
> Unfortunately Mozilla and IE (didn't check the others) don't
> wrap the text within the <pre>-tags, since it is pre-defined, ha. With
> smaller window-sizes we therefore get lines which reach over the
> background box.
>
> To see this live, try
> http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/manual/mod/mod_rewrite.html

hmm. no. <div class="example"> does the work. I'd strongly recommend
modifying mod_rewrite.xml. i.e. use real tables etc.
But this can be done later...

> Joshua, I also had to change build.xml, can you please commit the
> attached patch; thanks ;-) I will go on and commit the whole stuff in
> the next hour if nobody raises any objections.

please, please take a look at the build.xml at
<http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/manual/build/>. I realized another ant
caching problem (posted one or two days before...) and fixed that by
modifying the build.xml.

Another Point: which CSS did you use? I really don't think that we
should take every provided variant but a few ;-)

nd
--
s;.*;aaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa:a:alataa:aaoat:a:a:a
maoaa:a:laoata:a:oia:a:o:a:m:a:o:alaoooat:aaool:aaoaa