httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: New draft of manual style
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:34:38 GMT
* Michael Schröpl wrote:

> +1 on this, although I personally never define
> link colors in HTML pages, because I trust the user
> to be familiar with the colors configured (maybe
> even by installation default) in _his_ browser.

hmm, if you define any color (background or text) you SHOULD (in the
meaning of RFC 2119) define any other color like link colors etc.
Otherwise it will cause undefined results.

> What I would suggest to do is make hovering _only_
> change the background color and then only by some
> minor change, like white to light grey.

Hey, I like this idea very much. IMHO it's more clear and simpler than
underlining or foreground hovering. Just built it in :)

> So I would prefer even the code and module links to
> be underlined, for consistency's sake.

generally +1

sometimes links accumulate. General underlining may lead to less
readabality then. Nevertheless: +1 from me for consistency.

nd
--
print "Just Another Perl Hacker";

# André Malo, <http://www.perlig.de/> #