httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Security
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:55:43 GMT
On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I'm going to write up some of our observations over the next few days as
> I have time, and was hoping to stir up a little interest so that when I
> have something, some folks will be willing to take a look at it.

OK, please forgive the format. This is a "perlpoint" presentation that I
put together for the class that I was teaching, and modified based on
our findings.

One thing that I'd like to ask about is the deal with mod_mime. If I
have a web site consisting *only* of DefaultType documents (say, if I
set DefaultType to text/html), then why can't I run Apache without
mod_mime?

When I tried (ie, ran Apache with only mod_dir and mod_log_config) and
went to http://server/ I would get a 404 page, and the error log would
say "file /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ not found"

Anyways, here's our findings. Comments welcome. I'd like to incorporate
these into the security doc, which is a little elderly and somewhat
sparse in these particular areas.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
As we trace our own few circles around the sun