httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Security
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:16:27 GMT
I have been doing Apache training this week for some folks that are very
concerned about security. We spent about half of Friday doing two
things. First, we attempted to figure out what the absolute minimum set
of modules was that Apache could run with. Second, we tried to figure
out what the minimal file permissions were that we could put on the
Apache directories and still have things work.

With regard to the former, I discovered some things which surprised me
just a little. With regard to the latter, we discovered that the
recommended file permissions in the documentation are much more open
than they need to be.

I'm going to write up some of our observations over the next few days as
I have time, and was hoping to stir up a little interest so that when I
have something, some folks will be willing to take a look at it.

Rich

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go