httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Suggestion: add revision number to docs
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:32:24 GMT
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 Michael.Schroepl@telekurs.de wrote:

> The HTML version of the docs files might have some tags like
> or whatever, and all of these might be automatically filled
> from the CVS data by using the proper variables.

Just as a data point - I have received an ENORMOUS amount of spam due to
the unfortunate placement of my email address in a meta tag in one of
the Apache docs. Specifically, the ssi tutorial, which was generated
from another format a while back, and contained my email address. I
still get email that says stuff like ...

I saw your page at http://www.sexyblones.com/manual/howto/ssi.html and
noticed that you're not listed in the search engines.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
As we trace our own few circles around the sun