httpd-docs mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: perchild confusion
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:22:20 GMT
On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, [ISO-8859-1] André Malo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> at first: I know, perchild is still experimental, but...
>
> * The ChildPerUserID documentation says, it takes a user, a group and a
>   specific child ID. If I read the code (set_child_per_uid()) correctly,
>   it takes a number of childs, that are switched to the given uid/gid.

ChildPerUserID takes three arguments:

ChildPerUserID <user> <group> <number_of processes>

The first two are fairly obvious, the third is the number of child
processes that will be owned by that user and group.

> * Further the assign_childuid() function (AssignUserID) tells me, that
>   one cannot set up more than one virtual host with the same uid/gid
>   combination, later ones override earlier ones (which causes the
>   earlier virtual host to inherit the user/group setting from main
>   server (?)).

That would be a bug.  I have never bothered to setup a configuration like
that, although it should be possible to do.  I just read the code, and I
see the bug that you are talking about, so I'll fix it at some
point.  However, I don't have a lot of time for development right now, and
my only development box isn't well suited to fixing this MPM, so it will
take me some time before I get this fixed.

> Am I totally wrong here? Is the configuration code still so much under
> development? Could someone enligthen me? :)

The configuration code is not under development at all currently.  The
logic for configuration has been working for some time, and it hasn't
changed.