httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject docs for auth rewrite
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:08:47 GMT

If we are staying with the auth rewrite, I think we need to get some docs
for it right away.  There was already a posting on the users@httpd list
from someone who needed to run bleeding-edge cvs (for subversion) but
couldn't get auth to work.  The only thing I could tell him was to back up
to STRIKER_2_0_41_PRE2.

Because of all the changes in module names, this is going to be a rather
difficult thing to document cleanly.

It would speed up the work considerably if one of the people working on
the auth rewrite could write up a quick explanation of all the things that
have changed from the user perspective.  This could be a starting point
for documentation people to figure out what to do.

Joshua.