httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Michael.Schro...@telekurs.de
Subject Antwort: Re: Antwort: quick reference
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:56:55 GMT

Hi Joshua,

>> I don't think this is the way CSS is meant to be used.
>>
>> What about
>> and	<tr class="even">
>>
>> (or which names you would like better) and specify the exact
>> background colors in some CSS section (or file)?
> Ehhh... Nitpicker ;-)

um ... this seems to be the only thing I can do in this
stage of my activity here.

> There is nothing particularly wrong with applying a style
> directly to an element when it is a one-time thing.

Yes, but there were many more lines than just one. ;-)

> But I would like to see a general style in the docs that does
> the same thing.  We should be able to apply the same thing to
> all the large tables.

If we were already in CSS 3.0 country, there would be the
option to specify the behaviour of the (<insert formula
here>) -th child of the <table> tag in CSS.
Unfortunately, there are not yet any browsers that already
support this ... (maybe Mozilla 1, not sure at the moment)

Regards, Michael