httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Michael.Schro...@telekurs.de
Subject Antwort: Re: Default build target
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:36:56 GMT

Hi Luiz,

>> Does anyone (particularly people working on translations) have an
>> objection to changing the default ant build target to only build "en"...
> I don't. But why are you asking?

probably because it might possibly confuse translators if
they do a build and don't get what they expect to be built.
And it is easier to ask first than to rollback a commit. ;-)

I am +1 for the idea as well, and would love to have the
target names available being documented in some short "how
to build Apache HTML files from XML".

As for the number of files for each language, I would rather
suspect that currently two targets might suffice, one for
English only (the new default) and one for all (other)
languages. When other languages start having larger numbers
of files, they might earn their own build target ...

Regards, Michael