httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject Re: Question to non-latin Translators
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:38:08 GMT
André Malo <nd@perlig.de> writes:

> I'm currently working at a letter bar for the glossary. How will/would
> you translate this page? Does a letter bar make any sense there in your
> language? Should it be dropped? (this could easily be done by leaving a
> note in $lang.xml, for instance <messages lang="ja" dropletters="yes">
> or so)

As for Japanese translation, most translated terms would not
start with latin alphabet so it would better to drop letter
bar.

> If it makes no sense at all: are there alternatives you'd like to see?

Usually Japanese terms are sorted with the pronounciation of
words and indexed with the first sound but I don't think it
would be worth the effort to write such XSLT until glossary
becomes very big.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi