httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: CSS media="print"
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:27:33 GMT
At 06:58 PM 9/6/2002, Luiz Rocha wrote:
>On Saturday September 7 2002 01:41, André Malo wrote:
>
> > > 1. Why not wipe-out all the underlines?  They certainly don't do any
> > > good on paper and they do make the reading harder.
> >
> > That's probably true :-)
>
>   On the other hand, the underline states that there is some reference on
>the underlined topic. To someone checking the docs for the first time or
>someone not familiar with Apache, this could be good.

For terms and definitions in the directive blocks???  please... hover works.

Underlining distracts, the docs folks have made terrific strides in using color
to distinguish the text, let's follow that pattern.

For a true external hyperlink, sure.  For the simple terms, colorized text
works much more effectively without distracting.

Just a side note... it's amazing how my 10 and 13 year old have no
problem discovering completely un demarcated links where no adult
would ever think to click :-)  Some differentiation is required for us
'old folks' ;-)

Bill