httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Review: mod_vhost_alias.xml
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:23:43 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this patch adds a note to the summary, because the translate_name hooks
> of mod_alias and mod_userdir are forced to be run before
> mod_vhost_alias. Any comments and additions are welcome.

+1

If I was to write the same thing, I would probably choose to focus less
on the behind-the-scenes stuff and say something like

are
used for translating URIs to filenames, they will override the
directives in this module. [continue with example]

Users shouldn't really need to worry about things like hook ordering.
But your version is fine too if you prefer.

Joshua.