httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: quick reference
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:27:39 GMT
Astrid Kessler wrote:
>>One specific question: Should we make this two-lines per directive and
>>include the <description> on the second line, or is that too much stuff?
> -0
> I would instead suggest to combine these work with the directive index. Why
> having two documents with mainly the same content?

Because the directive index is something that needs to be fast-loading
and simple since it is used frequently.  The quick reference will have
much more content, and will really require a large browser window.
Therefore I believe it makes sense to keep them seperate.  Plus, with
the xml/xslt, there is no duplication of effort.  An update to a module
doc will flow automatically into both the index and the quick reference.

Other opinions.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message