httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Estrade Matthieu <estrad...@ifrance.com>
Subject files
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:48:38 GMT
hi,

First, Thanks for your help :)

I read the Ken Coar's Documentation tutorial and checkout the file from CVS.
At the moment, i have 2 files translated. the problem is i took directly
the .html files and just changes the text.
the files are install.html.fr and filters.html.fr

i have to read how XML is working becoz i know nothing on it.
Have i to do again the translation in XML or do you think my files are
usable.

Matthieu

Luiz Rocha wrote:

>From: "Estrade Matthieu" <estrade-m@ifrance.com>
>

>>I have started traduce manual documentation in
>>French. I would like to know how to give you
>>the files, how to send or commit the page.
>>

>>How to do when the page is not existing, like
>>manual/filters.html.en, I created
>>filters.html.fr dunno if it's good.
>>

>Hi, Matthieu.
>
>  First, check out two docs in
>
>  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/
>
>  the Docs-Format and Transformation and Ken Coar's Documentation Project Manual. Both
are really good and will give you hints about the docs-project.

>  Since there's no French effort, you'll probably see no french files. And yes, you'll
have to create them.

>  But (as you'll see in the Docs-Format text) we work with XML files here, so you have
to translate the *.xml files, creating a new *.xml.fr. The XML will be transformed to html
latter.