httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/xsl pagetypes.xsl common.xsl
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:44:03 GMT
nd@apache.org wrote:
> nd          2002/09/09 18:20:48
>
>   Modified:    docs/manual/style/xsl common.xsl
>   Added:       docs/manual/style/xsl pagetypes.xsl
>   Log:
>   move the page types into an extra file, so a new type doesn't
>   require a change of common.xsl (and causes transforming of all xml
>   docs...)

Eh... -0 leaning towards -1 on this.

- You haven't really improved dependency checking here, you've simply
avoided it.  Technically, we should now add this new file to the list of
dependencies, which will cause the transformation to happen anyway.  The
only reason you avoided transformations with this change is because our
dependency checking is rather casual.

- Every time you add a new level of includes you very likely push up
memory requirements and processing time on every transformation.

- Causing a transform of all the files every now and then isn't such a
big deal.  It only takes a few minutes.

Joshua.