httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: New style is now live
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:32:03 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> 'Description' in the directive should be the same blue style as the other
> field titles (e.g. 'Syntax', 'Default', 'Context' etc).

The proper way to fix this is to add a "Description" section to
directive-dict and module-dict, and then provide a link like all the
others.  I've meant to do this since I first created the xml, but I've
never gotten around to it.

> Also, the
> underbar on
> those field titles is overkill, a hover effect would be fine, I think.

I tend to agree, although there is something to be said for the
consistency of it: if it is a link, it is underlined.  I'm not going to
change this at the moment, but if someone feels they can improve things,
please feel free...

> Also, on the main index page, with a narrow window, the wrapped text
> links get hard to follow (it's hard to distinguish one from the next due
> to insufficient leading between items or lack of indentation clues.)

Yah, I can add a little margin-top to the <td> elements.

Joshua.