httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: New style is now live
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 17:33:54 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:
> Nit: On the files in howto/ the top left "Back" link takes one to a
> directory listing. I suppose the right thing to do is make an index page
> in that directory, and I always sort of assumed there was one, although
> I don't know why I thought that.

Yes, a howto/index.xml should be added.  I think it might also be a good
idea to add a new element to the DTD -- something like <parent-document
href="...">How-To</parent-document> -- that we can use both to provide
the URL for the "Back" link and another level for the breadcrumb links.
  This would allow us to add a little more structure that is not
dependent on directory-structure.

I haven't done it yet because I'm not sure how general it should be.
For example, do we want to support "grandparents".

Joshua.