httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: manual/expand.pl
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:51:28 GMT
Erik Abele wrote:

> Sure, the xml-conversion isn't finished yet, but do we *need* expand.pl
> for the rest of the old files? Well, I'll keep it for now :-)

expand.pl is used by the release-manager when rolling httpd-2.0
tarballs.  The point is to allow users to be able to use their local
copy of the manual without needing SSI enabled.

In truth, it is pretty pointless now, because the manual does not work
unless it is accessed through the web server with MultiViews enabled.
   But let's keep it around until the xml conversion is finished and we
can update the release process accordingly.

Joshua.