httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: core.xml
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:19:33 GMT
Indraneel Sarkar wrote:
> When trying to access httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core,  Mozilla
> (build 20020829) gives the following parsing error. The "^" in the last
> line actually points to the first "&nbsp;".
>
> XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
> Location: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core
> Line Number 106, Column 1:&nbsp;&nbsp;AllowOverride None<br />
> ^
>
> Is this a Mozill defect, or is it complaining correctly?

Seems to be a mozilla bug. I ran into this sometime ago, while trying to
use the W3C character entity set extensions (for example
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-lat1.ent).

It only occurs when an entity is defined in a DTD, which is included into
the DTD actually linked to the XML-file. Unfortunately this is the case with
our current system :-(

core.xml:
<!DOCTYPE modulesynopsis SYSTEM "../style/modulesynopsis.dtd">

modulesynopsis.dtd:
<!ENTITY % common SYSTEM "common.dtd">

common.dtd:
<!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">