httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Luiz Rocha <l...@lsdr.net>
Subject Re: files
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:21:26 GMT
On Thursday September 12 2002 14:48, Estrade Matthieu wrote:
> First, Thanks for your help :)

  No problem :)

> i have to read how XML is working becoz i know nothing on it.
> Have i to do again the translation in XML or do you think my files are
> usable.

  Ok, here's what you can do. Create a copy of install.xml and filters.xml
and rename it install.xml.fr and filters.xml.fr, after that, open one of
then and take a good look at it.

  You'll find out that XML files are easier to read and to understand,
consequently, to translate. A good exercise now would be open the
correspondent HTML file you already translated and cut/paste the translated
texto to the XML. You may wonder why, if its already in HTML.

  The answer is simple. First because will make you more familiar with the
XML we adopted. Second, it will ensure we have the french files in XML,
which would help a lot in the future builds of the manual.

  Again, if you need anything, just bug me.

--
Luiz Rocha  <luiz@lsdr.net>