httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Luiz Rocha" <lsdro...@linuxmail.org>
Subject Re: Hi
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:49:01 GMT
From: "Estrade Matthieu" <estrade-m@ifrance.com>

> I have started traduce manual documentation in
> French. I would like to know how to give you
> the files, how to send or commit the page.

> How to do when the page is not existing, like
> manual/filters.html.en, I created
> filters.html.fr dunno if it's good.

Hi, Matthieu.

  First, check out two docs in

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/

  the Docs-Format and Transformation and Ken Coar's Documentation Project Manual. Both are
really good and will give you hints about the docs-project.

  Since there's no French effort, you'll probably see no french files. And yes, you'll have
to create them.

  But (as you'll see in the Docs-Format text) we work with XML files here, so you have to
translate the *.xml files, creating a new *.xml.fr. The XML will be transformed to html latter.

  Ken Coar's Tutorial will teach you how to checkout CVS files and how to submit translated
files to the mailing list.

  If you have problems with the docs, or any other general doubt, feel free to ask.

Luiz Rocha