httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Qualifications of the Reviewer of Translated Doc
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 17:35:21 GMT

> I am concerned about the qualifications of the reviewer of translated doc.
> Is the Apache HTTP Server Documentation Project just request for a fluent
> speaker for the relevant language to have a review on the translated doc?
> Do the reviewers need to be famous or well-reputated? If not, then why do
> we need reviewers? We can just let our friends to put their names there.

We try to get at least one completely indepedent review by a person fluent
in the languange before we add anything to the repository.

However note that this is an open mailing list - and we always solicit and
encourage feedback, bugs (you -can- file a bug against the documentation!)
if a translation is somewhere lacking.

The more people participate the merrier !

Dw