httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Suggestion: add revision number to docs
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:28:41 GMT
Two weeks ago I started translating the next file. But I had to break my
work due to very less spare time. Today, I want to go on with it while
I'm wondering, if the original file has been changed since then, or not.

Because I'm doing the translation with both files - original and ongoing
translation - side by side. And I'm opening both files from my checkout
directory. So when opening them after a break, I can't realized, if the
original has been changed. Sure, i could check the commit messages or
look at cvs. But it would be much easier for me, and maybe for other
translators too, to have the revision number inside the xml file.

This could be done by writing $Revision$ into the file. The CVS will
replace it to $Revision: x.y $, where x.y is the revision number. As
long as this string exists, revision number will automatically be
updated.

I would suggest a comment within each xml file, or an attribute, if we
want to overtake this number into the html conversions. If you agree to
use this, I would do the neccessary change on all xml files with a
small script and commit them...

Kess