httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: remove underlines on links, please
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2002 01:42:04 GMT
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> Hypertext links should not be underlined by the style.  That is a
>> browser preference item that is typically turned off by people who
>> know the option exists.
>
> As I've said, I agree with this, and enough people have expressed this
> opinion that I will make that change.  That means turning off
> underlining for *everything*.

ehm, what do you mean with "everything"? The link behaviour just turns
to browser default.

> Does anyone have opinions about whether the underline should be turned
> on for hover, or should we just stick with the change in background
> color alone?

IMHO we should be consistent and keep the color change only. If the
browser underlines a:hover by default, it's his issue...

The attached patch sticks only with the text-decoration:none for
p.letters a:link. That should be kept, IMHO.

nd
--
sub the($){+shift} sub answer (){ord q
        [* It is always 42! *]       }