httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: env.xml validation problem
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:59:15 GMT
* Astrid Keßler wrote:

>> Gotta change the DTD
>
> -1
>
>> or the id
>
> +1
>
>> .  Patch attached.
>
> -1
_____
= -1

;-)

> An id has to be unique within the doument. CDATA not. Since the id
> attribute will become an anchor in the generated html file, uniqueness
> is postulated.
>
> An id comes with some restrictions. The same restrictions (and more,
> if I'm not mistaken) applys to anchors. When using a slash within the
> anchor name, we will get an invalid html document.

ACK, because that's the main reason to keep the id attribute typed as
ID.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-name>

I suggest to rename the mentioned ID to "gzip-only-text-html".

nd
--
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else
use it, and get a new one every six months.  -- Clifford Stoll

                                    (found in ssl_engine_pphrase.c)