httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject docs layout revision (was: HTML+CSS proposal)
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:14:24 GMT
Hi,

ok. we revised the whole stuff. It might be a little bit colorful now,
but IMHO it becomes also more friendly so.

Thanks a lot to Erik for his useful screenshots ;-). The question marks
in NN4/Mac are subject to ignore. They appear only on NN4/Mac.

Any additional comments and tests on all browsers are welcome!

I tried to apply the styles to some module files, so you may have a look
at the following URLs:

http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/env.html
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/mod/mod_log_config.html
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/mod/mod_include.html
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/mod/mod_auth.html

The whole set of files can be found in:

http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/apdoc.zip     or
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/apdoc.tar.gz

---

There are several semantics issues, which we should think over. For
instance, the <em>s used in syntax definitions should be <var>s. Or,
from mod_include.html:

| The processing is controlled by specially formated SGML comments,
| referred to as <em>elements</em>.

is probably better written as "... <dfn>elements</dfn>."

What do other people think? (Of course, I'd volunteer to step through
the xml files and convert the bogus <em>s etc.)

There are some other things, that may be applied to the docs. If I have
more time ;-), I'll write down my thoughts completely. Just an idea:
Perhaps we can write a "how to write a documentation" doc based on the
whole (layout & semantics) work.

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa