httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject HTML+CSS proposal (was: wacky docs look - take two)
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:37:56 GMT
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> - Probably doesn't require as much complex CSS.

generally yes. Unfortunately the real world (aka NN + IE) refuses to
accept a simple CSS... ;-)

> I have no personal investment (other than a couple hours play-time) in
> my (ie the tigris) style proposal.  André, is it possible to provide
> an html/css mockup for this?  The final product would need to be xslt,
> but I can make that fairly quickly from a mockup.

I made a HTML example of env.html.
It's valid XHTML strict and CSS. I've added some comments to point out
the problems and workarounds. Also tried to add some semantics to the
pure HTML code and removed some bad [tm] stuff.

we played around a little bit with the colors, thus there are some
choices now:

http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/env.html
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/env-blue.html
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/env-aqua.html

(all in all I'd prefer the env.html version)

If you have a browser that can handle alternate style sheets (like
mozilla), there are some simple alternatives - try it out :)

all files together:

http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/env.tar.gz (unix \n)
http://test.perlig.de/apdoc/env.zip    (win  \n)

It works with NN4 (Win), IE5 & 6, Opera 5 & 6(Win), Mozilla (1.0 & 1.1
beta tested), Lynx (DOS). (NN4 probably reaches his limits, but it works
;-)

Comments and tests on Mac/Unix/other browsers are welcome.

nd
--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because DEC 25 = OCT 31.
  -- Unknown