httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Michael.Schro...@telekurs.de
Subject Antwort: Re: New draft of manual style
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:33:01 GMT

Hi Joshua,

> I'm not sure whos argument it supports, but I thought
> I would point out that, coincidentally, Jakob Neilson's
> latest usability "Alertbox" is on font-size:
> http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20020819.html

- At least let users override whatever default font
  size you have, i. e. don't use "px" as M$IE cannot
  override it (Opera and Mozilla can).

- Select a default so that as few as possible users
  need to know how to override it (i. e., 10+ pt).
  Capable users will override it anyway, so care about
  those who know less about their browser configuration.

- Kess' suggested alternate style sheet is explicitly
  approved by Nielsen. :-)

- Nielsen votes for maximum color contrast and doesn't
  like grey ... just as his own pages look like. ;-(

Regards, Michael