httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Michael.Schro...@telekurs.de
Subject Antwort: Re: New draft of manual style
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:55:39 GMT

Hi Joshua,

>> I would suggest to exclude Netscape 4 completely from css. This will
>> simplify the css a lot.
> That's always been my opinion, but others disagree.

I support excluding Netscape 4 from CSS.

When Andre posted his suggestions I was surprised how close it came
in Netscape 4 to the modern browser's look, thus I discussed about
the minor differences that were still there.
At that time I didn't have an idea how complex the CSS definitions
might become (although I personally could live with the Netscape 4
modifications as they are documented very well) and who would have
to maintain them later.

So if maintenance is an issue I will be happy with Netscape getting
pure HTML only, rather than an overly complex CSS file.

Regards, Michael