httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Japanese internationalized error messages; charset intypemapfiles
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:55:39 GMT
on 20.08.2002 17:17 Uhr Hiroaki KAWAI (hawk@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp) wrote:

> I see. The idea of CONTENT_ENCODING seems to be nice.
> If we introduce the var, nagotiation of the docs in include/* will
> become unnecessary. The include/* would be common for all encodings.
>
> But, we also have to change xml:lang="en" attribute to xml:lang="ja".
> Shall we introduce a new var CONTENT_LANG?

Hi Hiroaki,

uups, I forgot this one. In this case I would suggest to even introduce two
new vars; IMO CONTENT_LANG would be okay for this.

> By the way, is it OK, that xml:lang="en" are commonly used now whatever
> lang we choose (de,fr,etc)?

You're right. According to W3C "A special attribute named xml:lang _may be_
inserted in documents to specify the language used in the contents and
attribute values of any element in an XML document."
[http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-lang-tag]

If I get this right, we safely could leave out the xml:lang definition but
for the sake of correctness I would propose to take use of a new var to get
in a proper definition for all languages (en, de, fr, ja, etc.).

So, I'm +1 on introducing two new vars to get this working.

Erik