httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Keßler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: New style/de.xml -override, overwrite
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:39:55 GMT
> ich würd auch eher zu "Überschreiben" tendieren, da es meiner Meinung nach
> den Sinn am besten trifft. Weiterhin können weit mehr User etwas mit dem
> Wort
> "überschreiben" anfangen als mit referenziert.

*hmpf* sorry all, my mistake. I've mixed to different discussions and
did not mark this clearly:

"Ueberschreiben" is a suggestion for Override. Therefore we lately suggested
"AllowOverride", a not-translation. And I still think, "ueberschreiben"
suggests "This directive overwrites AuthConfig (e.g.)" and not, "With
AllowOverride AuthConfig you are allowed to use this directive within a
.htaccess file to overwrite previous settings".

"referenziert" is the suggestion for related modules/directives, not for
Override.

Kess