httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs STATUS
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:24:32 GMT
Erik Abele wrote:
> Updated the STATUS a bit...Joshua, do we have more info about the
> translation attempts below? Is it possible to contact the
> authors/maintainers (do we have any contact info)?

That info could probably be obtained either from the comments in the
files themselves or from the commit messages that originally added them.
  But I tend to think it would be a waste of time.  There is a big
difference between translating a quick paragraph on the welcome page and
translating the entire documentation.  I suspect very few of those
people are interested in the latter.

> Perhaps we should clarify this in some way. IMO one list would be enough
> (docs-project/translations.html), and two list only make things a little bit
> harder to maintain and overlook.
>
> If there is no way to contact the authors, I would like to remove the below
> list from the STATUS file because its somehow more confusing than useful.

+1 on removing the list from STATUS.

Joshua.